Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sailboats.... an update

Today I got all the sailboats constructed and put together.  I'm at an impasse now as I'm not sure if I want to add sails like I first wanted to, or leave the piece just as it is now, like a line drawing.  I've created an extra sail to work on. If I put sails on the piece I still have to decide if I'll put on canvas fabric or metal, perhaps copper. I'll leave the sculpture up and sleep on it for awhile.

This video shows the finished piece as it sits on the wall.  I address some of the issues I have with completing the piece.

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Jack. As I was looking at it I was thinking about stained glass in the sails.. Might be an idea for a smaller piece in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... I've done a collaboration with a glass artist before which turned out really well. I have a local artist that is interested in doing something like this

    ReplyDelete