Thursday, January 18, 2018

The Secret

I posted this photo in Facebook today along with this text

Top Five Reasons to Make This
1. No matter what the conditions, just make something.
2. Creativity does not need to wait for inspiration.
3. I'm an artist, therefore I create art.
4. Someone may like this, but it does not matter... I do.
5. Beats sitting on the couch all day.
I call this piece, "Garden Guard". Approximately 15"x30". There is a great story behind this piece. If you want to know, just ask.

The great story is really quite simple.  Just like Nike's catch phrase, "Just Do It", it's a great way to accomplish that what you set out to do. When I went out to my studio this morning I really had no plan in mind, except i knew that I wanted to create something.

The main body of this piece was resting close by for the past few months and I knew that one day I was going to make something out of it. Well, today was the day. 
I started out by making a fire in my wood stove, cleared my table and began. It all came together just as I had imagined many times before. By late afternoon this is what I came up with. For me it's a reminder that I can create. All I have to do is just "do it". 

You may think this is all so anti climatic. You were hoping for some great fabulous story, but all you got was this.  Let me tell you.  This is all you need.  Re-read the top five reasons to make this.  You can do it too.

2 comments:

  1. I like it. It is regal and majestic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran... I had the two shapes in my studio beside my table and the day I made this was the day I did. Just needed the right time.

      Delete