Friday, February 2, 2018

Art Show at Gallery 1313, Queen Street, Toronto, ON

Jan 31-Feb 11, 2018

Selfie in front of my work
This past Tuesday I left Renfrew at 5:00 AM and drove to Toronto to set up for my art show with Art Tour Collective.  I arrived at the gallery at 10:30, the longest part of the drive was the slow going traffic on the Don Valley Parkway. After speaking with the curator and the gallery owner I was given my wall space and I started hanging my work.  I brought four pieces for this show; "Family Portrait", "Tenor Guitar", "Heavy Guitar", and "Big Mouth".  After my work was hung I helped to hang some of the other art works in the show.  

The opening vernisage was on Thursday evening so I had some time to kill, which I did by staying at my son and his family in Burlington. I had an enjoyable time with the family.  

On Thursday I arrived at the gallery three hours before the opening, but that's ok, because now I had a parking spot.  Spent some time checking out the shops on Queen Street before going to the opening.

The opening was great.  Lots of people attended and I had a chance to meet many new people.  It's great to be able to talk about art to a like-minded audience. After the show I drove back to Renfrew, which is about a four hour drive.  Needless to say, I was exhausted from the last couple of days so Friday was more of a down day.  

Now, I await for an email from someone who would like to have one of my sculptures in their own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment