Friday, February 9, 2018

A Cold Day at the Studio

Yesterday I wanted to create something at the studio, but the outside temperature was a balmy minus 18 degrees C.  The video I post is basically a walk around in my slice of winter wonderland, and to the average person it would seem that it would be impossible to get anything done in these conditions.  But, I've set myself up so I can work in cold conditions.  Recently I purchased a propane heater and with my wood stove going I can get my "in between space" a lot warmer, not t-shirt conditions, but tolerable. After a couple of hours I had the temperature up to plus 10 degrees C.  A difference of 28 degrees. 

So at the end of the day yesterday I was able to get two chorus girls almost completed.  One is welded together just needing the base and the other is set to weld.  I also worked on a fiddle sculpture that I want to make, much the same as my guitars I do.  

Today I'll go out to the studio and continue with the three pieces I started yesterday.  Next post will show some forge work, and the progress on the chorus girls.  

No comments:

Post a Comment